Disease Therapy Management (DTM)
What is Disease Therapy Management (DTM)?
DTM is a program to help the IEHP Member better manage his or her disease through medicine therapy. It is offered through IEHP’s select network of pharmacies.
What is the value of having this DTM Program?
It aims to help the Member with his or her disease state by providing education and resources to bring about better health outcomes.
How does the DTM Program help?
This Program is made up of a range of activities:
- Offers a broad drug review and disease state monitoring
- Makes a medicine treatment plan
- Monitoring the safety of the Member’s medicine and if it is working well for him or her
- Empowers the IEHP Member to take medicine(s) the Doctor orders
- Offers health services (such as health education and nutritional services)
Where can IEHP Members get this DTM Program?
IEHP selects the best-in-class specialty pharmacies to offer DTM and pharmacy services.
IEHP has a network of specialty pharmacies offering DTM for certain health issues.
Please note that any of these pharmacies may change and to check with your Doctor’s office or IEHP for the most up-to-date listing:
- Crohn’s (WeCare Specialty Pharmacy)
- Diabetes- Blood Glucose Management Program (WeCare Specialty Pharmacy)
- Growth Hormone Deficiency (WeCare Specialty Phar)
- Hepatitis B (Refer to Center of Excellence Policy)
- Hepatitis C (Refer to Center of Excellence Policy)
- IVIG Therapy (US Bioservices)
- Multiple Sclerosis (WeCare Specialty Pharmacy)
- Oncology - Oral Chemotherapy (Amber Pharmacy)
- Psoriasis (WeCare Specialty Pharmacy)
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (CVS Caremark)
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (Avella Pharmacy)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (WeCare Specialty Pharmacy)
- Conditions needing home infusion therapies (Empire Phar and OptionCare)
DTM Program Drug List
Questions? To learn more, call your Doctor’s office or IEHP Member Services at
1-800-440-IEHP (4347) / 1-800-718-4347 TTY, Monday–Friday, 8am – 5pm (PST).
If you are an IEHP Member with Medi-Cal and Medicare, please call IEHP DualChoice at
1-877-273-IEHP (4347) or 1-800-718-4347 TTY, 8am – 8pm (PST), 7 days a week, including holidays.