- 3/31/20: San Bernardino County will conduct a drive-thru sample collection event for COVID-19 in the High Desert on April 2nd. This event is open to San Bernardino County residents only. Residents can request an appointment online at sbcovid19.com or by calling (909) 387-3911. For more information on this event visit: http://www.sbcounty.gov/main/default.aspx
- 3/30/20 – A third drive-up COVID-19 testing site opens in Riverside County on April 1st. The site has been established at Harvest Christian Fellowship church in Riverside. Residents must have symptoms to make an appointment, which include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or cough. Residents must call 800-945-6171 to make an appointment. For more information on testing locations, visit the Riverside County Public Health website.
- 3/30/20 – A COVID-19 testing site in Indian Wells will be relocated to the Riverside County Fairgrounds in Indio. The first day of testing at the fairgrounds is Tuesday (March 31). Residents must have symptoms to make an appointment, which include fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or cough. Appointments must be scheduled by calling 800-945-6171. For more information on testing locations, visit the Riverside County Public Health website.
- 3/27/20: San Bernardino County Public Health will conduct a drive-thru specimen collection for COVID-19 on Friday, March 27. The specimen collection for COVID-19 testing will be available for the public by appointment only. Appointment sign-up and details will be available on the county website.
- 3/25/20: COVID-19 testing for IEHP Members is now available at SAC Health Systems in San Bernardino. IEHP Members must call (909) 771-2911 to schedule a telephone appointment with a Doctor. The Doctor will evaluate the Member and determine if they need COVID-19 testing and will provide details on how to obtain testing.
- 3/20/2020: Governor Newsom announces a statewide order for residents to “stay at home,” excluding essential entities which include grocery stores, take-out and delivery and health care organizations. IEHP is an essential entity and will continue operations to support our Members and Providers through telephonic contact only. OUR BUILDINGS ARE CLOSED TO NON-EMPLOYEES. We highly encourage you (our Members and Providers) to call us if you need any services or have any questions. Continue to visit our website for frequent updates.
- 3/19/2020: IEHP Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Hansberger, has an important message for our Members in the Coachella Valley region about the COVID-19 situation and ways for them to protect their health. Click here.
- 3/18/2020: To help our IEHP Members stay home and avoid public places, we encourage Members to use mail order delivery service for both new and refill prescriptions. By using this service, Members can get medicines mailed to their home at no cost by using standard shipping.
- 3/13/2020: We are requesting when you (including Members, Providers, Community Partners, Vendors, and all Visitors) need IEHP services, please call IEHP or your IEHP contact directly to get the help you need. If you must visit IEHP in person, please ensure that you do not have a fever, cough or breathing problem.
- 3/13/2020: All classes and events at IEHP’s Community Resource Centers are canceled until further notice for the protection and safety of our community during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We apologize for any inconvenience and expect to resume classes as soon as possible.
A message from our Chief Medical Officer
Local ResourcesSan Bernardino County 2-1-1
San Bernardino County Wic
Riverside County Wic