How Much Will I Pay?
You do not have to pay monthly premium for Medi-Cal coverage. Children with Medi-Cal coverage under the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) will have a low monthly premium.
What Will I Get with Medi-Cal Through IEHP?
Your plan coverage includes:
- Outpatient (ambulatory) services
- Emergency services
- Hospice and palliative care
- Maternity and newborn care
- Transgender services
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Mental health services (including Behavioral Health Treatment)- Effective 10/1/17 you won't need a referral from your Primary Care Doctor for an initial consultation with an IEHP Behavioral Health Provider. To find an IEHP Behavior Health Provider, please call IEHP Member Services at 1-800-440-4347 (TTY: 1-800-718-4347) Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm.
- Substance use disorder services
- Pediatric services
- Vision services
- Non-emergency medical transportation (NEMT)
- Non-medical transportation (NMT)
- Long-term services and supports (LTSS)
How to apply for Medi-Cal
There are three ways to apply:
To find out if you're eligible for Medi-Cal, call the IEHP Enrollment Advisors at 1-888-860-1298.
Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am – 5pm. TTY users should call 1-800-720-4347.
Important Guides for IEHP Medi-Cal Members
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 or later to view the PDF files. Download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
*Children under 21 are currently eligible for dental coverage under Medi-Cal; Adults will be eligible starting May 2014.
**Children under 21 are eligible for an eye exam and glasses; Adults are eligible for an eye exam only.